66

What is rooting ?

  Rooting of a mobile is descriptive of its name itself. For any mobile phone , there are some areas you cannot see or alter . Its for the safety of the product as you may unknowingly alter it and may damage the piece. For getting complete control over the piece , we are going to take a process called rooting which makes us the complete owner of it. This process is developed by the xda developers who are best at these stuff . And they made the process for expect available even to dummies . Root means administrator.

Why root your phone ?

As i told you ,your phone is protected from you by the developer. So to install custom roms and many other stuffs , the phone is not ready as you are going to change the system files by doing it . So to bypass it , you have to root the phone . To enjoy it to the best , you have to root the phone . But be careful because rooting causes the warranty of the phone to break . So if you do this very exciting and fast , you may brick your phone and will be left nothing but a brick in your pocket . And once it is perfectly rooted , you can install custom roms , super user and in one word you would be the boss . So rooting can make a dummy into a genius .

Be careful !!

As i already told you , you have to do this process very slowly and carefully. First you have to backup everything on your phone . Save the back ups of your loved apps by this process i already explained.
                         how-to-get-apk-files-from-google-play.html
Now save all your contacts and messages you consider important. Your phone would be like a new phone after this process is complete . So be careful to save everything . 

NOTE : Make sure your battery is charged and is atleast 70% .

(TO ROOT OR NOT TO ROOT IS ONLY YOUR CHOICE . FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS CLEARLY . AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE .)

How to root your galaxy Y ?

1. Firstly you have to download this file from here to your pc. (If this doesnt work or if it says installation aborted ,try this link here ) . Now you have to go through your phone and enable Unknown sources in settings >applications>unknown sources and also enable USB debugging from settings>applications>development>USB debugging .

2.Now connect your mobile to your pc and and paste the downloaded file into the SD card of the device . It is also mentioned as root in many places .

3. Now disconnect your android from pc and shut it down.

4. Now you have to boot into recovery mode . Do this carefully .After the phone is shutted completely, press the powerbutton , volume up button and menu button at the same time until you see a screen like this .
5. You have entered recovery mode now. Here touch do not work .So dont panic. You have to use volume up and down keys to navigate and menu key to select .

6. Select wipe data factory reset and press yes. Then select wipe cache partition and if it asks permission press yes again . Now select apply update from sdcard and you are navigated into your sd card .

7. Here select the zip file you have downloaded from pc and click yes to confirm .

8. This process may take time upto 2 minutes . After the update is complete , navigate to reboot system now and select it .

9. This time , the phone takes more time to boot i.e., about 5 minutes . Dont panic . It is not bricked .It is getting ready for its first use after rooting .

10. Your galaxy y mobile is successfully rooted . Congrats ....

Post a Comment

  1. I AM TRY TO ROOT A SYSTEM APP BUT NOT SUCCESS.....


    ANY TRICK TO ROOT A SYSTEM APP OUR LINK TO SD CARD

    PLZ SIRJI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had placed a post regarding this question sir . see http://ilovegalaxyy.blogspot.in/2013/01/how-to-install-or-remove-system-app-on.html . Thnx for your comment . keep viewing our page .

    ReplyDelete
  3. if ever i failed to root, can i root it again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes . you can . If you want to know whether your phone is rooted or not , check by installing this
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sai kiran do you have root code for the samsung galaxy S3 mini??

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can find it here
    http://theunlockr.com/2012/12/29/how-to-root-the-samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-i8190/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've successfully rooted my android, thanks Sai Kiran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frankie Swanborough-BrophyFebruary 13, 2013 at 6:24 AM

    my phone is now rooted!! thanks it worked really well

    ReplyDelete
  9. i dont understand how to reboot

    ReplyDelete
  10. after rooting is completed , the phone will go back to recovery menu where you will find option reboot the phone . If you need to know how to reboot from normal mode .keepon pressing power key .it will switch off and then start it again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, if I root my phone, can I get updates from samsung software provider?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, my phone is GT-S5360, can I root this using these above mentioned methods and things?

    ReplyDelete
  13. After rooting and installing this => http://ilovegalaxyy.blogspot.in/2013/02/stable-custom-rom-for-galaxy-y-ussr-v8.html can I unroot and delete it, and get back my original theme and settings?

    ReplyDelete
  14. you cannot get software updates after rooting . You can root your mobile . This article is based on Gt-S5360 ...You can get back your original android version by staock rom with odin which is explained here.http://ilovegalaxyy.blogspot.in/2013/02/how-to-repair-bricked-android-mobile.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. After rooting can I install applications from google play?

    ReplyDelete
  16. i updated the download link and you can download from google play as normal and your battery would be normal if you do it right

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, screen stuck at "Installing Root app...
    Please wait until it finished"
    Do i have to wait or press "Next" try that before but my root was not successfull. Glad if you could help. TQ

    ReplyDelete
  18. rooting will take less than a minute . But you said you tried it befor .so first check your mobile if its rooted or not by using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en and then try again

    ReplyDelete
  19. when i try to root my samsung galaxy y it keeps saying "installation aborted"
    what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wipe data and cache partition and try again. It may work this time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it still says installation aborted.
      help?

      Delete
  21. Download and install from this http://www.mediafire.com/?dg360wy61szduv3 instaead of update .zip . It'll work .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the file from that link can't be downloaded :(

      Delete
    2. ya .it expired ...thnx for letting me know . here is another link http://www.mediafire.com/?7nz17ux5iid56az

      Delete
  22. Is there a way to prevent my phone being bricked if ever I've got mistake in rooting it?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you follow above step correctly , your phone wont get bricked . Even if it gets bricked , you can go through this post and repair it http://ilovegalaxyy.blogspot.in/2013/02/how-to-repair-bricked-android-mobile.html

      Delete
  23. hey sai kiran when i am installing any apps from play store .. the app is not downloading and the loading is only there no app is downloading please help me my emailaddress is mayurchhugani@ymail.com..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go to settings<applications<Manage Applications <All .. Then go over to Google Play Store and then clear data . Now you can open play store and start it fresh again . You can also download to pc using this link http://ilovegalaxyy.blogspot.in/2013/04/how-to-download-apps-from-google-play.html ... Hope it helps you .

      Delete
  24. I tried the root process when i click reboot system now. my phone opens. is it already rooted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have doubt if your phone is rooted or not , you can check by installing this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en

      Delete
  25. My USB debugging is not work. What can i do? If i do this normally in my usb cable without USB debugging mode, then is it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can copy the update.zip file to your sd card , then no problem .

      Delete
  26. Firstly i can not access my google account and the warning
    is"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" and root checker says a problem called "Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted". Now give me solution please. I did this with "universal_gb_root_v25.zip".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I post the previous two post, please help me.

      Delete
    2. Again try to root your mobile but this time with update.zip file (the first link ). If it doesnt work for you , you can install stock rom from here http://ilovegalaxyy.blogspot.in/2013/02/how-to-repair-bricked-android-mobile.html and try to root your mobile again

      Delete
    3. After i did this, nothing was change, my mobile was not rooted, But one problem occur, that is i can't sign in my google account, nothing else. without this i can use my mobile. But now how can fix this and is this problem is serious and can't repair easily? Please help me.

      Delete
    4. I think its not that serious . Go to recovery mode and wipe data and wipe partition cache . Now try again

      Delete
    5. At last i think i can root my mobile and root checker says "Congratulations! You have root access" but can't log in my google account.Now what can i do? And thank you for your responsive attitude.

      Delete
    6. What is the problem it mentions from logging into your google account

      Delete
    7. When sign in my google account then a warning show like"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server(This could be a temporary problem or your phone may be provisioned for data services. If it continues , call customar care)" Now i don't understand what can i do? Please answer me.

      Delete
    8. go to settings>wireless and networks > mobile networks>access point names . Now now touch the left button on your mobile and select reset to default . it'll work

      Delete
    9. Thank you. It works/

      Delete
  27. works like a charm! thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. it works fine with my SGY :D thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. It is working... i got success at first time. :) thnks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAN U TELL WHAT R THE FACILITIES U ENJOY AFTER ROOTING

      Delete
  30. hmm, do i need to delete the zip file from the sd card??

    ReplyDelete
  31. BTW , thanks for the rooting guide and the restoring guide. Successful, very helpful ^^

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. How Do I check whether my phone is rooted ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have doubt if your phone is rooted or not , you can check by installing this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&hl=en

      Delete
  34. can galaxy y duos s6102 be rooted by this zip file :-?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For galaxy y duos, i have given other link above . Please follow instructions carefully .

      Delete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. what to do???
    i cannot sign in after rooting my cell

    ReplyDelete
  37. hi sai kiran.about download the zip file..can i just download directly in my sdcard without download it in my pc?tq

    ReplyDelete
  38. Help me to flash lupus kernel for Sony Xperia neo l

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi!

    I did everything you prompted, and it all said, "the process were completed", tho I was wondering why did it happen such slow... But I thought, it was because my phone was rather empty and not having installed so much things. Anyway, my phone is working but it didn't get rooted and I dont know why. I did every step and it said it was all completed, but I installed root checker and it says my phone is not rooted and stupid software update is up there too... Do you have any ideas what the problem might be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not installing many things will make your phone fast not slow . I dont understand why it happened . But there is other and easy way to root . You can see that here http://ilovegalaxyy.blogspot.in/2013/03/root-and-unroot-nice-and-easy-way.html

      Delete
    2. Sorry, my mistake, I replaced the words. It happened really fast and I was suprised why, tried twice later then but it's all the same. I was thinking about I didn't unzip that file I had to download, or it shouldn't even have to be unzipped? I don't know, I'm so clumsy at rooting. Thanks for the link by the way, I'll take a look again. I really love this phone and don't want to buy a new one, though it's pretty dummy, that's why I wanted to boost up with the rooting and all.

      Delete
  40. guys click the link below to easily root your phone without pc...
    http://androidservice2000.blogspot.com/
    dont worry you will do it greatly.......

    ReplyDelete
  41. can't root & gave this
    msg:
    E:failed to mount /sdcard
    (no such file or directory)
    E:can't mount /sdcard
    plz help....

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks much, it worked for me. My cell is now rooted.
    - pekon

    ReplyDelete
  43. Can i change custom android version MIUI of Xiaomi redmi1s.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top