What is rooting ?
Rooting of a mobile is descriptive of its name itself. For any mobile phone , there are some areas you cannot see or alter . Its for the safety of the product as you may unknowingly alter it and may damage the piece. For getting complete control over the piece , we are going to take a process called rooting which makes us the complete owner of it. This process is developed by the xda developers who are best at these stuff . And they made the process for expect available even to dummies . Root means administrator.
Why root your phone ?
As i told you ,your phone is protected from you by the developer. So to install custom roms and many other stuffs , the phone is not ready as you are going to change the system files by doing it . So to bypass it , you have to root the phone . To enjoy it to the best , you have to root the phone . But be careful because rooting causes the warranty of the phone to break . So if you do this very exciting and fast , you may brick your phone and will be left nothing but a brick in your pocket . And once it is perfectly rooted , you can install custom roms , super user and in one word you would be the boss . So rooting can make a dummy into a genius .
Be careful !!
As i already told you , you have to do this process very slowly and carefully. First you have to backup everything on your phone . Save the back ups of your loved apps by this process i already explained.
Now save all your contacts and messages you consider important. Your phone would be like a new phone after this process is complete . So be careful to save everything .
NOTE : Make sure your battery is charged and is atleast 70% .
(TO ROOT OR NOT TO ROOT IS ONLY YOUR CHOICE . FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS CLEARLY . AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE .)
How to root your galaxy Y ?
1. Firstly you have to download this file from here to your pc. (If this doesnt work or if it says installation aborted ,try this link here ) . Now you have to go through your phone and enable Unknown sources in settings >applications>unknown sources and also enable USB debugging from settings>applications>development>USB debugging .
2.Now connect your mobile to your pc and and paste the downloaded file into the SD card of the device . It is also mentioned as root in many places .
3. Now disconnect your android from pc and shut it down.
4. Now you have to boot into recovery mode . Do this carefully .After the phone is shutted completely, press the powerbutton , volume up button and menu button at the same time until you see a screen like this .
5. You have entered recovery mode now. Here touch do not work .So dont panic. You have to use volume up and down keys to navigate and menu key to select .
6. Select wipe data factory reset and press yes. Then select wipe cache partition and if it asks permission press yes again . Now select apply update from sdcard and you are navigated into your sd card .
7. Here select the zip file you have downloaded from pc and click yes to confirm .
8. This process may take time upto 2 minutes . After the update is complete , navigate to reboot system now and select it .
9. This time , the phone takes more time to boot i.e., about 5 minutes . Dont panic . It is not bricked .It is getting ready for its first use after rooting .
10. Your galaxy y mobile is successfully rooted . Congrats ....